Matthieu is particularly involved in Intellectual Property, Information Technology, Personal Data and Commercial Law.
He advises French and international clients on all related matters, as counsel and litigation attorney.
Prior to founding Astura, Matthieu worked successively for the following law firms : Herbert Smith LLP in Paris, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP in Paris and Hong Kong, and Baker & Mckenzie in Paris.
Matthieu teaches at the University of Montpellier in the specialized intellectual property Master’s program.
- The Legal 500 edition 2022/2023 Information technology : « Matthieu Mélin has solid expertise in consulting and litigation. »
- The Legal 500 edition 2022/2023 Data protection and data privacy : « Matthieu Mélin has been trained in large international firms. He assists his clients in handling their compliance issues and during RGPD audits, as well as in the evaluation and impact of their data privacy policies. »
- Revue Décideurs 2022
- Paris Bar, 2006
- Master’s degree in international legal studies, Paris X
- L.L.M. European legal studies, Glasgow University (U.K)
- Master’s degree in digital and new technologies law, University Paris I Sorbonne and Paris-Sud 11